By using our site without disabling cookies, you consent to our use of them.
Mushroom Bruschetta with Goat Cheese and Fresh Herbs
This is a great appetizer to start any dinner party. The rich, earthy mushroom flavor balanced with a touch of creamy goat cheese pair beautifully with our bold, inky Petite Sirah. The fresh thyme and rosemary sourdough add another element of complexity to the dish that really elevates it. With so many strong flavors, you would think that one of them would overpower the others, but the contrast of each characteristic ( the umami, salty, sweet and spice notes) make this dish amazing.
- 3 shallots, thinky sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 cups of assorted mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 rosemary sourdough baguette
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- 2-3 sprigs (about 2 teaspoons) of fresh Thyme
- Slice 3 cups of mushrooms into roughly 1/4 inch pieces and finely slice 3 shallots.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in saucepan over medium heat, add shallots. Sauté for approximately 5 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon of brown sugar and caramelize shallots for 10 min. Set shallots aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of butter in same pan. Add in mushrooms and sauté over medium heat until soft (approximately 4-5 minutes).
- Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of fresh thyme. Cook for an additional 5 min. Mix in shallots and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice sourdough baguette into 1/2 inch thick slices. Lightly coat on both sides with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Spread goat cheese onto sourdough pieces and spoon mushroom mixture on top. Season with salt & pepper and fresh thyme (we like to add a little extra thyme on top to garnish) and serve immediately.